Parks and Rec - “Are You Better Off?” (5x22)
Another stellar year in the books for Parks and Rec. And a good finale that makes me anxious for next season to start. Ron as a dad?! Oh, it’s on.
- Donna has a condo in Seattle?! Because she likes rain and fish markets?! Does she have a man waiting for her there at all times? (Don’t worry, she cracked a window for him.) Just when I thought I couldn’t love her more.
- I also love how every time Donna’s on screen these days, you find out more about her. She’s always been hilarious, but I love that we’ve gone from knowing that she loves her Mercedes and Treating Herself, to knowing that she’s an amazing singer, she bids on Terrence Howard’s shirt from Hustle & Flow, Ginuwine is her cousin, her family has a mansion-cabin they keep secret, she Tweets, she loves horror films, she hangs out in cigar clubs, etc.
- Burt Macklin! And a pregnancy mystery! I’m guessing it’s Diane; hello, why else would it be in Ron’s cabin buried in the trash?
- Hahaha, Chris’s face when he realizes the beautiful pigs have been cooked. Rob Lowe’s expressions are hilarious.
- “You somehow convinced our school board that napkins are a vegetable.”
- Ooooh nooo, who wants to buy Rent A Swag?
- I still think Rashida Jones doesn’t get enough credit.
- I love Leslie in red. Even though that skirt looks too late-90s.
- Oh, Jerry, so glad you came back to be the city government’s punching bag.
- Haha, Leslie’s love of Elizabeth Warren and dance movies.
- April got into vet school!
- Ron’s going to be a dad! OMFG, this is going to provide so much fodder for next season…